Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday - My Family

The more that I've learned and emersed myself the thinking of a Lifestyle Change, the more I've discovered that it's not just about the exercises you complete or the food that you eat...it's also about having a healthy mind set.  One thing I feel many of us need to work on, myself included, is to reflect on things that we should be, or are, thankful for.

This week I'm going to share with you a little more about my family and why I'm thankful for them!


Pictured above are Tony and I, my Cousin Dani, My Mom and Dad (holding Jera), my Sister Sarah, My Sister-in-Law Jenni, my Brother Charlie and their boys Cooper and Owen.
 
 
I am very thankful for my beautiful family! My parents have been a wonderful support to me my entire life and my siblings have been my awesome side-kicks. No matter how many crazy things I threw at them growing up, I knew that they loved me and would stand by me. Here are the top three reasons I'm thankful for each of my family members:
 
My Parents:
  1. They have a wonderful marriage that they've really worked at and nourished, a great model for my own marriage.
  2. No matter what, I know they will be there to help and support me in all aspects of life.
  3. They love me unconditionally even though I put them through the ringer a time or two.
My Sister, Sarah:
  1. She really has a good head on her shoulders in her own life and I am happy that she will be another wonderful role model for my daughter as she grows up.
  2. We might not always get along or agree, but during big decisions in my life she's always had my back and I just hope I have done, and continuing doing, the same for her.
  3. She gets me thinking about different aspects that I never would have thought about before.  We are very different and I can be very focused on things that I think or believe, but she always has a good way of putting a spin on things and really making me take a second look at those things.
My Brother, Charlie, and Sister-in-Law, Jenni:
  1. They are another marriage that has been good to learn from. They've had wonderful times and they've had struggles.  The best part is the more they work through the hard times, the stronger they become!
  2. We might not talk often, but I always know that they support me and my family. They are great at talking through various situations and, like Sarah, are good at putting a different spin on it.
  3. They are also awesome role models in life for my children. Charlie is a hard worker and has a wonderful job that he achieved through pure passion and dedication to his job. Jenni is a stay at home Mom who is an amazing support person that glues their family together.  She takes care of her boys, the finances, the house, her husband AND she takes amazing care of herself!
What are reasons you should be thankful for your family? Can you think of something for everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment