First off, by the time you read this, I'll be in Las Vegas at a business conference. The conference started Sunday and will go through Wednesday...this leaves my husband to fend for himself and our daughter in the food category for 4 nights.
Our menu this week is basically chili every day that I'm gone. Thursday evening we're making baked chicken and then Friday - Sunday we are making a trip to visit my husbands family.
At least it's beginning to feel more and more like the fall/cold season, so today I'll be featuring our personal chili recipe.
Highlighted Recipes: Our Turkey Chili
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 large can baked beans (we typically utilize original)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown the ground beef and drain
- Chop the onion
- Combine all ingredients, liquids and all, into a slow cooker
- Stir and then add the ground cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours