Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thankful Thursday - My Faith

Happy Thursday Everyone!

It's been a while since I've written a Thankful Thursday post and I'm sad to think about that.  We should all find things that we are thankful for every day. Whether it's the beautiful sun rise that you were able to catch this morning or a nice gesture someone did for you.  The more we can focus on being thankful, the more positive our lives will be.

For this revisit, on such an important part in an overall healthy lifestyle, I wanted to focus on my faith and how thankful I am to have it as a core part of my life and my families lives.



(This is our family bible verse motto. We have it posted in our bathroom to read everyday, multiple times a day, as a constant reminder that as long as we give it to our Lord our paths will be straight.)
 

I am a big believer that you can't have true physical health that lasts without having emotional and spiritual health too.  Part of the reason I think this past year has been so much easier to stick with my healthy lifestyle and keep the results has been having a much better relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I always grew up believing in God and His son Jesus, but I didn't have a true relationship with them.  I didn't take time to pray or read my bible or try to lead a truly godly life. I was selfish and always out for what I wanted, what I "needed", what would make ME happy. I wasn't paying attention to how my selfishness could negatively effect others in my life and my own emotional health.

In the winter of 2015 I went through a complete overhaul of my mindset. I turned everything over to God to let him guide my through some very rocky times and truly started to live my life as Jesus taught us to.  I was amazed at how this shift positively effected all aspects of my life.  How I treated my husband, my children, people at work, my friends and family.

The more that I can turn my actions and thoughts over to God and the teachings that Jesus provided us, the happier I am in the long run.  It's not easy and I do slip, but I can catch myself a lot quicker now, say a prayer, and get back on track. I turn to my bible a lot for answers and my family makes it a priority to go to church every Sunday to continue learning new lessons or being reminded of others that we might have let slip from our mind.

If you don't have faith, or are struggling in your own journey, know that with prayer and reading the good word you can get back on track and grow your relationship with God.  I'd highly suggest finding a church that you enjoy going to and that focuses on the word of the bible. Join a group within the church to connect with others who are faithful.  You are heavily influenced by the people you surround yourself with, so surround yourself with positive, faithful people and it will work wonders in your life.

What other ways do you suggest people focus more on their faith? What questions do you have on this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment