Friday, May 5, 2017

Fitness Friday - My Current Weight Routine (May 2017)

Hey Everyone,

Today I wanted to share with you my current weight routines that I do throughout the week to help give others some ideas on things they can start doing in this area, or add to the routine they are already doing.

I never was really big into weight lifting until the last year or so, I never really understood the true benefit that weight lifting has on your body...but I do now and I can't seem to get enough of it.  From feeling stronger, seeing more tone to being able to challenge myself in ways that cardio exercises never could.

If you haven't jumped on the weight lifting bandwagon, I highly suggest you give it a try. BTW, I'm not saying you have to lift heavy!  Weight lifting, in my book, includes small weights, resistance bands and body weight exercises.

Ready to see what I do each week? Click below to see my Sat/Mon/Wed and Sun/Tue/Thur routines.


Sat/Mon/Wed (3 sets):
  • Bicep Curls - 12 reps, 12.5 lbs
  • Tricep Dips - 20 reps, using our coffee table
  • Shoulder Raises - 12 reps, 5 lbs
  • Bent Over Revers Flys - 12 reps, 5 lbs
  • Weighted Squats - 20 reps, 15 lb vest
  • Weighted Calf Raises - 20 reps, 15 lb vest
  • Weighted Lunges - 10 reps per leg, holding two 12.5 lb dumbbells
  • Standing Oblique's - 20 reps per side, 12.5 lbs
  • Push-ups - 12 reps
  • Weighted Crunches - 20 reps, 12.5 lbs
  • Chest Flys - 12 reps, 5 lbs
Sun/Tue/Thur (3 sets):
  • Back Leg Raises - 20 reps per leg
  • Side Leg Raises - 20 reps per leg
  • PliĆ© Squats - 20 reps
  • PliĆ© Squat Pulses - 20 reps
  • On the Floor, Ab Routine:
    • 10 oblique crunches to the left
    • 10 regular crunches
    • 10 oblique crunches to the right
    • 10 regular crunches
    • 10 oblique crunches to the left
    • 10 regular crunches
    • 10 oblique crunches to the right
    • 10 full sit-ups
  • Chin-ups - 3 reps
  • Pull-ups - 3 reps
  • Negative Chin-ups - 3 reps
  • Negative Pull-ups - 3 reps
  • Plank 20 - 30 seconds
I have been increasing my reps first and then will switch to increasing weight. For example, I had been bicep curling 10 lbs for 15 reps. When I moved up to the 12.5 lbs I started at 10 reps, have moved to 12 reps and will then move to 15 reps before upping to the next weight and restating at 10 reps.

My full routine is to do one set of my cardio stepping routine followed by a set of weights and repeat that for three rounds.  Doing my full program will give me a 1 hour and 15 minute workout and it feels SOOOOOOOOOO good.  It's awesome coming out of my workouts with sweat dripping, heart beating and just the sheer feeling of accomplishment.

Next week I will share with you my stepping routine since I've been talking to people about it for YEARS yet haven't shared any video footage of it.

Now tell me about yourself, what do your weekly/daily weight routines look like? Any suggestions on how to make mine more beneficial?

No comments:

Post a Comment