Saturday, November 7, 2015

Sassy Saturday - Week 24 and 25 of Preganncy

Tuesday we had our monthly pregnancy check-up and it didn't go as smoothly as I was hoping.  As many of you might know, my blood pressure has always been an issue until the past 3 years. All of my check-ups showed me having phenomenal blood pressure, until Tuesday.  My blood pressure was slightly elevated at 138/82 and that had the doctor a bit concerned....



I ended up having to do a 24 hour urine and then heading back in on Thursday to get my blood drawn and my pressure rechecked. It was 158/68...so even higher than it was the first time. So I got the talk of needing to take more rests, no more standing at work, laying on my left side more, cutting back on my cardio and weight lifting in moderation.

I was very upset on Thursday because it had thrown a wrench in my plans. I wanted to actually have this pregnancy without any blood pressure issues. I wanted to be able to continue exercising because I thought that was best for me and my baby. I thought that the more I was able to continue to be active the healthier the baby would be and the easy labor and delivery would be.

However, any time it comes to pregnancy, labor and delivery...many of us know that it doesn't ever go the way we really want it to, or think it should. So by Friday, I was feeling much better. In the end I'm happy because we have a healthy baby who is growing and active. I am healthier now than I was in the past and I can continue making healthy choices that will protect me and my baby.   So we'll see what the lab results show next week, hopefully that my kidney's and liver are functioning properly and I'm not spilling any excessive amounts of protein in my urine. I've decided to cut back on the exercising, I'll do 30 minutes of walking, 3 times a week and two weight lifting sessions...but focused on the upper body so I can stay seated while doing them.

The Past Two Weeks I've:
  • Still craved salads...Caser with salmon.
  • Felt the baby moving more and more, this kid doesn't know how to slow down!
  • Had random cravings like French Toast Sticks, Sandwiches and Spaghetti...these come and go, but when they hit they are very intense.
  • Still kept up on my water intake, but had the cravings for Dr. Pepper returning with a vengeance. Eek!
We'll see how this next week goes in the activity department and I'll be sure to keep everyone in the loop with what exercises I'm doing and any modifications I'm making.

I missed taking our bumpie picture for 24 weeks...but I've included a couple of pictures from the conference which was just a few days before the bumpie was supposed to be taken.  The bottom is our picture from this week. :-D




No comments:

Post a Comment