Monday, November 9, 2015

Menu Monday - Ham and Corn Chowder

Meals November 9 - 15:

Monday: Ham & Corn Chowder
Tuesday: Throw-together Chicken Dish
Wednesday: Thai Turkey Burgers
Thursday: Skillet Chicken w/Creamy Lime Sauce
Friday: Left Overs
Saturday: Baby Shower
Sunday: Meatloaf

Highlighted Recipe: Ham & Corn Chowder



We are very happy to be back in our usual eating routine. The last week of October was hard for me because I was traveling the whole week. I did a lot of eating out and even the one night we were at home I didn't want to cook to make dirty dishes before we left again.

Then last week we hadn't gone grocery shopping and my husband has a new work schedule, so I did a lot of throwing really easy meals together or we did some eating out as well. Eek! 

So, again, it feels good to get back into a normal eating routine! You always seem to feel better, eat better and enjoy it the food more when you're making it based on your families personal preferences. I'm also enjoying the fact that the weather is getting cooler and that's why I'll be highlighting another one of our favorite soup recipes this week...


Ham & Corn Chowder


Ingredients:
  • 2 C cubed fully cooked ham
  • 2.5 C milk
  • 1 can cream style corn
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 1/3 C frozen corn
  • 1 C frozen shredded hasbrowns
  • 1 lg onion, chopped
  • 1 t. dried parsley flakes
  • 2 T. butter
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions:
  • Mix all of the ingredients in a slower cooker
  • Cook on low for 6-8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment