Tuesday, August 15, 2017

imprompTuesday - We Upgraded Our Scale

Hello All!

I don't know about you all, but I do enjoy weighing myself on a regular basis.  I know this can be a love-hate relationship and can even be done unhealthily depending on your mindset. My husband and I try to weigh ourselves only once a week to just make sure that we are staying on track, because focusing on the slight adjustments that can happen day to day is just a way to beat yourself up for no reason.

Recently we both hit our goal weight and started having the problem of over focusing on the constant fluctuation of a 1 or 2 lb change week to week. Weight only helps get you so far in your healthy lifestyle journey. So we decided to update our scale so that we could really get a better picture of our overall health, that is why we upgraded to...



...The Greater Good Scale. This thing tracks weight, BMI, body fat %, muscle mass, hydration and bone mass.

It's a lot more motivating when you see your body fat dropping and your muscle mass increasing.  We picked this thing up for less than $40 on amazon, but there are a variety of scales out there for you to choose from. Some even have apps that can sync with your smart phone so you can have all your information uploaded each time you step on the scale.

I think the biggest mindset change for me has been going from seeing big number drops while losing weights to the numbers not changing very frequently while evaluating the other items. It takes time and effort to really lose that body fat and pack on the muscle...but it is fun to be focused on new goals and having the motivation to push myself in areas that I never would have pushed myself before.

You can check this scale out HERE.

Do you have a fancy scale now? What do you like or dislike about them compared to the scales that just focus on weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment