Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Weigh-in Wednesday - Oh How I've Missed This...

Hello All,

It's been a long time since my last post. There has been a lot that has happened since my last post. We've had a lot of adventures, a lot of ups and downs a lot of struggles and frustrations and a lot of fun memories that will last a life time.

In my lifestyle, that's been a roller coaster. When my husband started school and I had to adjust my work schedule to accommodate our new normal, I cut out my lunchtime workouts and didn't make up for them anywhere. I gained between 15 and 20 lbs in 6 months and was out of control. I was eating everything in sight, not working out at all and just let myself spiral out of control. From August 2018 through January 2020, my weight was a yo-yo. It stayed around 15 lbs over my comfortable zone, but the worst part was I stopped lifting weights regularly and working on my cardio. I just let myself get lazy and stay that way.
While many people commented that they didn't notice the change, I could not only see the change, I could FEEL it!  Yet, it felt like Satan had this hold on me and the more I tried to focus on getting healthier, the further away from my goals and my commitment to my health I slipped. I read books, I prayed, I poured my heart out to God to ask for His strength...nothing seemed to stick.  Even writing this I can't believe it's been almost two years since my spiral started.
 
I've been doing a lot of soul searching and a lot more praying. I've been trying to analyze why I've let myself get to this point and just can't seem to fully put my finger on one thing. I think it was a lot of things that really added up to my stumble, but there are some things I've really come to be thankful for throughout the past couple of years and those things are what I'm holding tight to.
 
I'm thankful for...
  1. My God who is always consistent and loving
  2. My husband who is always so supportive and loves me through it all
  3. My kids who continue to remind me why I want to live a healthier life and be around for the long run
  4. My parents who have recently been on their own lifestyle journey and are COMPLETELY rocking it! It's helped inspire me to get my butt in gear
  5. A career at a company that is constantly working to support each other both personally and professionally
  6. Colorado...a place I have found my soul longs for and loves, a place that in my ideal world will one day be called my home, a place that really brings out the fully happy Deanna.
  7. The exercise that kept poking at me...I might not have been consistent, but it was always there reminding me where I needed to get back to.
I am happy to be feeling that full pull and focus again. The want to eat the right things, the need to be active, the desire to base my progress on my effort and advances and not on the number on the scale. I'm not sure how consistent I'll be in my posting, but I do know I want to get back here and get back to talking about my own journey and my own experiences and hope that helps to inspire others! Through the good, the bad and the ugly!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment