Monday, September 28, 2015

Blog Schedule and Menu Monday - Tuna Casserole

Hey Everyone,

Today is the grand opening of Delight in Lifestyle Progression and I appreciate you taking time out of your day to swing by and check things out. Today I wanted to share with you my weekly blogging schedule and the first issue of Menu Monday!


Weekly Blog Schedule:




  • Menu Monday - I will share with you my families menu for the week and highlight one of our favorite recipes for you to try.
  • imprompTuesday - This will be a day that isn't completely planned. I'll be sharing all sorts of things related to health, food, fitness, and more! You have to keep things fresh from time to time. :-)
  • Weigh-in Wednesday - I will be weighing in with my thoughts and experiences on various health topics...High Blood Pressure, Weight Lifting for Women, Meal Planning and many more.
  • Thankful Thursday - We all need to remind ourselves of all the amazing things we have in our life to be thankful for. I'll be sharing something new each week and challenging you to do the same!
  • Fitness Friday - Be prepared to hear different fitness activities I partake in as well as resources for you to personally look into for your own fitness journey.
  • Sassy Saturday- This will be my space to share with you my pregnancy updates as well as my postpartum progress. I'm hoping these updates will help motivate you in your own personal life and journey.
  • Sum Up Sunday - I participate in the monthly challenges laid out by Fit Bottomed Girls, I want to share with you my progress in these challenges and encourage you to complete them as well. I'll also have updates on various other challenges I decide to take on throughout the years.


Menu Monday - Sep 28 - Oct 4
  • Monday: Salmon Plank w/Rice & Veggies
  • Tuesday: Turkey Tacos w/Black Beans
  • Wednesday: Cheese Stuffed Chicken w/Rice & Veggies
  • Thursday: Tuna Casserole
  • Friday: Skillet Chicken w/Creamy Lime Cilantro Sauce w/Rice & Veggies
  • Saturday: Mini Salsa Meat Loaves w/Mashed Potatoes & Veggies
  • Sunday: Left Overs


Highlighted Recipe - Tuna Casserole


4 Servings ----- ~250 Cals/Serving



Ingredients:

2 cans tuna in water
2 cups spiral pasta
1 can cream of mushroom soup (preferably low sodium)
1 cup 2% milk
1 bag California style frozen veggies
Salt & Pepper
Optional - Add garlic, onion, and other spices to your preference
Optional - shredded cheese
Optional - Italian style bread crumbs

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cook pasta as directed on package
  3. Mix tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, dethawed veggies in a separate sauce pan along with any spices you would like, heat to a slow boil
  4. Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the tuna mixture
  5. Place the mixture into a square baking dish
  6. Bake for 10 minutes, sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs on top, bake for an additional 10 minutes
To up the calories we will add two slices of lightly buttered toast on the side. The bread we use is the 90 calorie bread from Sara Lee...you get two slices of bread for 90 calories and they have many different flavors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment